Sunday, February 21, 2010

Come to the Table.



"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him."

1 Corinthians 2:9

At church on Sunday we talked about wisdom in Proverbs 9. I've been really loving this series on Proverbs, especially hearing about wisdom and understanding more what that really means and what an amazing gift it is. One thing that stood out to me was how wisdom is inviting us to come to her table and how that table is a parallel to the communion table. God has invited us to come recieve what he has prepared for us and that is just so beautiful! I love to think that at this beautiful table God has something special prepared for each of his dinner guests. We don't even realize before we know him that he has anything prepared for us, but he has something designed uniquely for you. I also think that God is longing for us to fill his table. When someone comes to Christ and takes their seat, the one that God took care into creating, he is filled with overwhelming joy! The thought that God has a seat at his table with my name on it makes me feel so honored, loved, and so excited to know him more and to walk in his wonderful wisdom!
This past week I've been feeling so content to abide in Christ. Sometimes I feel like I want to try and pursue gifts with my flesh, but God is continually showing me that what he has prepared for me is so rich and such a blessing. I enjoy these times with God so much because sometimes they can feel few and far between. I can feel inclined to serve God with a self-centered mindset. Like: "God I will serve you so that you will see that I am deserving of this gift from you." I just needed God to remind me that he already has prepared for me everything I need, I don't need to convince him to take care of me. He loves me. Before all of creation he had a seat at his table for me, what else do I need?
"His divine power has given us everything needed for life and
godliness,
through the knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and
goodness."
2 Peter 1:3

1 comment:

  1. Such a good word Alexis! I love that picture of a guest table with place cards with different names and just the joy in seeing those seats filled. God is so sweet just that he would woo us and continually draw us to himself. This is a great reminder to just walk in his wisdom. Thanks Alexis and I love you!

    ReplyDelete