Monday, April 19, 2010

Restless Soul.

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.
Revelation 22:17

Today definitely feels like a Monday. On days like today I'm reminded that I was created for something bigger than this life. It's not a bad feeling to have though because it is truth! In Philippians Paul calls us citizens of heaven.

Recently God has been growing in me a longing for heavenly things. I feel restless. The restlessness of desires this world can't fill, and a longing to see my savior, the satisfaction of it all.

Brooke Fraser's "C.S. Lewis Song" starts by saying "If I find in myself desires nothing in this world can satisfy, I can only conclude that I was not made for here". That totally resonates with me. God has been showing me that I could have the greatest riches this world has to offer, but none of it would fill that special place in my soul that was meant to rest in Him.

I also know that we won't know full rest or peace until He returns. Romans says that "the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time" and it also says that "we ourselves groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons". I think this place of longing for God is totally blessed though. David expressed it beautifully saying, "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me." How beautiful will it be when all of creation's longings are fulfilled! When we experience the satisfaction of our deepest desires!

The most wonderful part about all of this is that I have so much hope. Feeling restless doesn't have to mean feeling despair or lost. Because of Jesus this feeling is more like excitement! Excitement for things to come, and a longing for a clearer view of my creator, God.

He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
Revelation 22:20
I've been really enjoying posting songs that I like lately, so here is one that I have been loving! I recently added Bethany Dillon's newest album Stop and Listen to my music library and have been listening to it over and over for the past couple of days! This might be my favorite on the album it's called "Get up and walk".


1 comment:

  1. Hey buddy! it definitely was one of those mondays that felt like a monday...so glad that tomorrow is Tuesday! Love this post. and loved the quote from King David. Keep it up girlfraaaan! see you tomorrow/♥ you

    ReplyDelete