Saturday, October 16, 2010

Be Generous.

Okay, so I have been horrible at keeping up with this blog recently! What have I been up to? Just crazy busy trying to keep up with school and work and everything else that makes up the life of a student! I have great news to share though, I have finished reading the Old Testament! I am just looooving this year through the Bible thing and I'm eating up every word! Not to say that I've been super faithful the whole time so far, but I'm trying and God is definitely blessing the effort!

So I started reading the Gospels this week and God had a great reminder ready for me. Here's the verse:

"If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you." Matthew 5:41-42


God has been impressing on me the idea of generosity. Not just generosity with finances, but the idea of having generosity become a part of my character, an overflow from my heart. Generosity is something that Jesus commands of us. It is an expression of our love. There are so many ways we can be genuinely generous. Like extending a hand of friendship to someone. Anyone and everyone. Being generous with our time and love towards people. I think it is easy to become unknowingly stingy in this. It's easy to say we don't have the time or the resources to reach out to someone or to walk in something that God is calling us to. I guess I just wanted to encourage you readers to go the extra mile. Jesus did promise us that we would be generously given to, as we generously give.


"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over , will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Luke 6:38


Let's not be stingy! Lets love and give as Jesus loved and gave his life for us! I needed this reminder so much, praise the Lord for His faithfulness in teaching and correcting us, I just want to be more like him! :)

1 comment:

  1. Alexis, this is so inspiring! So cool to see what God is teaching you. Thank you so much for sharing this and for the reminder of what is important in living our lives here on this earth.

    ReplyDelete